May 3, 2019
It’s one of the best weeks of the year: Teacher Appreciation Week! Even if you’re not a teacher, you should be celebrating all of the amazing teachers out there that put so much heart into their jobs. Think about it, there will always be at least one teacher that has inspired you at some point in your life. I know there have been many teachers that have positively influenced me in so many ways. Let’s give back to our teachers this week and show them how much they are appreciated. Here are a few ideas of ways to give back:
- Letters– You don’t always have to go out and pay for an expensive gift. Sometimes just getting a hand written letter from a student or parent shows more appreciation that an extravagant gift.
- Lunch– As a Principal/Administration, provide your teachers with lunch to show how much they mean to you. It’s a nice gesture that everyone will appreciate.
- Gift cards– If you want to provide teachers will a little token of appreciation get them a gift card to their favorite store, restaurant, or even a spa.
- Posters– Organize students to create posters about the teachers and how much they mean to them.
- Prize Giveaway– Hold a weeklong prize giveaway where you pull names from a jar and give out nice gifts to the teachers.
- Flowers– Have flowers delivered to each teacher to surprise them during the school day.
- Notes of Encouragement– For a week straight, put a piece of candy and a note with encouraging words in the teacher’s mailboxes. This way each morning they’ll have positive words and a treat to get them through the day.
- Coffee– Even something as simple as coffee will put a smile on their face. Get each teacher their own travel coffee mug and fill it with coffee so when they come in it’s ready to go. If you want to be creative decorate the coffee mug with the teacher’s name and some things they like.
Teachers dedicate so much time into their jobs, it’s important to show them that they mean something to the students, parents, and administration. Like I said before, you don’t need to go all out and spend loads of money. Just something small shows them that what they’re doing makes a difference.
My School Dance recognizes the hard work teachers put into their jobs everyday. That’s why we always try to find ways to make their lives easier. Choose one of our eight ideas above and I guarantee it will make your teacher’s day.
If you liked reading this blog post, you’ll want to check out these too: Teacher Must Do’s Over Christmas Break, 5 Ways to Manage Event Planning Stress, and Why We Care About School Dances!
Follow us on social media as well: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram.