April 26, 2019
Are you in charge of planning and managing your school’s events? If so, then you know how stressful planning a big event can be. You have to be able to handle many tasks all at once, which can be overwhelming for a lot of people. My School Dance understands what you go through. That’s why we wanted to provide you with different ways to manage event planning stress. So next time you can’t catch a breath when planning your school’s Prom, make sure to remember these tips below:
- Prioritize– When planning an event, you’re thrown with a million tasks to do. Create a schedule and prioritize the level of importance of each task. You can make a timeline to figure out what tasks you need to accomplish by each week so you stay on schedule.
- Boundaries– Make sure to give yourself time in your day to relax or do things that you enjoy. If you don’t you’re just going to get consumed into tasks for your event, which isn’t healthy for you.
- Meditate/Yoga– Either of these options is great to relieve stress. They’re both done in quiet environments and allows you to relax in peace. Forget everything that you’re doing and just get out of your head for a little.
- Walking/Going Outside– Just being able to get up from your desk and go outside for some fresh air will give you a sense of relief. Take a quick 10 minute walk to clear your head and then get back to planning.
- Sleep– Make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night. Lack of sleep will just make you more tired and stressed out. That is never a good combination.
Planning an event may seem super easy to some people, but it truly is a lot of work. Not a lot of people realize the event management stress that comes with the job. Little things like the ones we listed above will work wonders for you. It’s important to take care of yourself and make sure you’re in the right mindset when planning.
My School Dance strongly believes in helping out our school activity directors as much as we can. We know your job is difficult and exhausting. We created My School Dance to assist with the event management process so it takes some of the stress off of you. If you feel like your current management process is too overwhelming and taking up too much of your time, reach out to My School Dance. We’ll be happy to provide you with our tools for free.
If you liked reading this blog post, be sure to check out some of these: 10 Actionable Tips to Manage Prom Better, How to Cut the Ultimate Prom-Planning Timeline in Half, and Tips for Running Extra-Curricular Activities!